Science Mission Statement
The goal of science education at Jordan is to develop in all students a process of thinking which encourages curiosity, accurate observation and interpretation of their surroundings and open-mindedness. Using their scientific knowledge and skills, students will become better decision-makers and have a greater appreciation and enjoyment of life in our rapidly changing technological world.
Jordan offers a wide variety of science courses:
- Life Science
- Biology 1-2, Biology 2, IB Biology
- Marine Biology
- Forensic Science
- Earth Science, Lab Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- AP Environmental Science
- Chemistry, IB Chemistry
Posted by: Eddie Cruz
Monthly Scholarship Bulletins
Posted in Science Locker; available in College Center
Scholarships for Youth of Color
1) Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships
2) The Ayn Rand Institute:Essay Contests (gifts for educators, as well)
3) Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
4) American political Science Assoc, networking a world of scholars
(multiple scholarships, programs opportunities)
5) Cornell University Graduate School -- Diversity fellowships
6) Black Alliance for Educational Options/Scholarship Information
7) ScienceNet: Undergraduate - Scholarships
8) World Learning--Study Abroad Scholarships
9) Multiple List of Minority Scholarships
10) Actuarial Scholarships for Minority Students
11) College Scholarships for All Minorities
Celebrate the Port's Birthday and Its Environmental Achievements!
Port of Long Beach Centennial!
The Port of Long Beach, America's "Green" port, has many events planned to celebrate our 100th Anniversary. Meanwhile, we are launching several major construction projects. It’s an exciting and busy time.
For a schedule of the many events coming throughout this Centennial year, please visit our Centennial web site at www.polb.com/100years. More exciting events are being added so be sure to check back often.
Colorado Lagoon Restoration
Join us from noon to 2:00pm EVERY SECOND SATURDAY. Service Learning hours. Participate in activities such as native plant restoration, wildlife counts, coastal clean-up. Wear appropriate shoes and sun protection.
Location: 5119 E Colorado St, Long Beach, CA 90814
Go South on Atlantic and go left on 7th Avenue; From 7th St. turn Left on Park Ave; Turn Left onto East Appian Way. There is residential parking not far from the Lagoon, and metered parking right next to the beach.
Golden Shores Marine Biological Reserve
EVERY 3rd SATURDAY, by the Catalina Terminal on 101 Golden Shore Drive. Help keep one of two Long Beach estuaries pollution-free and earn Service Learning credit! The estuary is a critical food source for migrating birds and is a nursery for coastal fish. Sponsored by the Port of Long Beach and the Friends of Los Cerritos Wetlands. Ms. Rash in Room 1306 has more information and can provide directions. All equipment and snacks are provided!